DAY51, 3480km. LONDON, ENGLAND

ROAD BEHIND AND AHEAD. Ahead of us to the West the sun sets over London. I look South East and Europe as I remember it two months ago suddenly feels much smaller. We've left the European mainland crossing the English Channel at Calais, France and now pedal on the left hand side of the road through Dover, England. Somewhere behind us over the Alps we have traced a two month memory from the Mediterranean to the North Sea. Beginning with my sister's wedding in Greece, the tour continued through nine countries and seven languages. In one week, I'll be out of the familiar bicycle saddle I have come to know for so long. The effort to cross Europe has prooved to be a summer of suprises and risk taking. We're here in London, we've made it safely. I remember the past two months and give thanks to those who made it possible.

1 comment:

  1. George, you have to follow your dreams. First, you must have dreams, and second, you must have the strength to see them through! It was nice to meet you in London tonight.

    ReplyDelete